Our Top 5 Basic Interview Tips
So you’ve been asked to come in for an interview. We thought your resume was great and you seem like a pretty cool candidate. Congratulations! Here are some quick tips for success.
- Arrive early, or on time. Showing up late tells us that you are probably disorganized and don’t manage your time well. Not a good look. If you are late, there is a strong chance that you will not be interviewed.
- If you can’t make your scheduled interview, call or email us ahead of time. We understand. Things happen. Maybe you’ve changed your mind…. Maybe you’ve accepted another offer. It’s okay, let us know! But simply not showing up makes you look really unprofessional and burns bridges. Don’t do it!
- Do your research! Show us that you’re interested and you know a little bit about us and what we do!
- Tell the truth. If you’ve got something in your past that doesn’t reflect well on you– be honest about it. We’re all human. Honesty takes guts, and we’ll probably find out about it anyway!
- Follow up. If you think we’re a good fit for each other– stay in touch after your interview. Sometimes following up can give you the edge over other similarly positioned candidates. When there are lots of candidates interviewing for one place, it definitely makes you stand out. It shows you are serious and have the professional skills to go for what you want.